The world premiere of the Grand Show, THE ONE, takes place at Friedrichstadt-Palast tomorrow, the 6th of October. I was lucky enough to be invited to the press photo call last week and, from what I’ve seen, it’s going to be a spectacular show.
Some facts about THE ONE:
- All 500 costumes were designed by THE Jean-Paul Gaultier
- The show takes place on the largest theatre stage in the world
- Over 100 performers
- A production budget of €11 million
- Music by KT Tunstall
- Choreography by Brian Friedmann
- Over 86,000 advance tickets sold
- 3,000 coloured feathers, 120 crazy wigs, three kilos of sequins, 50,000 Swarovski stones sewn into the costumes and enough black leather to clothe an entire fetish festival… it’s Gaultier at his Gaultierest!
You can see the official trailer here: